Capitol Weekly, a nonpartisan, nonprofit news and information site (www.capitolweekly.net), part of the Open California 501c(3), submits this request of the City Of Davis under the California Public Records Act.
We request all documentation of the City Of Davis districting process under the California Voting Rights Act (CVRA) or redistricting since 2010, and any documentation of current plans for districting or redistricting. Copies or links to responsive documents that are available online would suffice.
- Original Request for Proposal or outreach to vendors
- Received Proposals for services from vendors or consultants
- Contracts with vendors or consultants
- Communications with districting vendors, consultants, staff and attorneys regarding the districting process.
- Any communications between the staff, incumbents and/or vendors/consultants regarding addresses of incumbents and preserving incumbents during the districting process.
- Available video, audio or transcripts of public hearings
- Budgeting for redistricting or districting under the CVRA
- Payments to demographers, redistricting vendors, consultants or attorneys
- Communication with plaintiffs, if any lawsuit or demand letter was sent to the City Of Davis
- Settlements with plaintiffs in any redistricting or CVRA lawsuit
- Racially Polarized Voting Analysis
- Public input on districting or redistricting process
- Maps created and considered
- Summarized data for mapping options
- Final maps and data
Please confirm receipt by emailing me at OpenCalifornia@opencal.org or paper mailing me at:
John Howard Capitol Weekly PO Box 837 Sacramento, CA 95812
Documents pursuant to this request can be sent to the same address or sent electronically via email.
We appreciate your compliance with this public records act request.